Why Buy American Municipal Power, Inc. Project Debt
Member Strength and Diversity
- 135 Members in 9 States
- Members are Economically Diverse
- Membership Continues to Grow
- Essential Provider of Technical Expertise to its Members
Strength of Contracts
- Strong “take or pay” Contracts, With a 25% Step-up provision
- AMP Project Debt Service is an Operating Expense of the Members
- Court Validated Contracts
- 5 Large and Diverse Generation Projects
- Members Subscribe to Projects of their Choice
- No Cross Subsidies or Cross Defaults
- Strong and Improving Operating performance at All Projects
- Rates are Set to Cover Annual Debt Service at 1.1x on All Projects
- AMP Actively Monitors the Credit of Their Members
- Liquidity, $600 Million Line of Credit, the Ability to Expand to $850 Million
Experienced Management Team
- Experienced and Financial Conservative Management Team with a Deep Bench
- 3-year Strategic Planning Cycle and 5-year Financial Planning Cycle
- Equity Ownership Interest in TEA (The Energy Authority) for Resource and Risk Management
- Strong Support from their Membership
- Committed to Responsible Sustainability and Corporate Governance Policies
About American Municipal Power, Inc.
American Municipal Power, Inc. (AMP) is the nonprofit wholesale power supplier and services provider for 135 members, including 134 member municipal electric systems in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana and Maryland; as well as the Delaware Municipal Electric Corporation, a joint action agency with nine members headquartered in Smyrna, Delaware. Combined, these member utilities serve more than 650,000 customers.
Formed in 1971, AMP is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio with approximately 170 full-time employees at headquarters and generating facilities.
The organization is governed by a Board of Trustees that consists of 21 AMP members - 20 elected by the members or subgroups of members and AMP member Delaware Municipal Electric Corporation (DEMEC), on behalf of its nine member systems. Each such elected member then appoints a person to represent it on the Board.
Welcome to American Municipal Power, Inc.’s (AMP) investor relations website. Investment in bonds issued by AMP allows for beneficial investments in generation and transmission assets for our members.
AMP takes great pride in its relationship with the financial community. In order to succeed in its vision to be public power’s leader in wholesale energy supply and value-added member services, maintaining strong bond ratings is a priority. AMP is committed to being as transparent as possible with the investor community.
I hope you find the information provided here useful as you seek to better understand the credit fundamentals of AMP. Please do not hesitate to contact me with suggestions for how we can be doing better.